Monday, May 1, 2017

Plans and Updates

Good morning sweet friends,
If you read my post from almost a year ago, you know that last summer I felt extremely isolated and could not figure out how to grow closer to the Lord and was ultimately miserable at that camp. Coming through the past few months, I have been incredibly anxious about my plans for this coming summer. Worry and anxiety are things that I struggle with frequently, but never before have I had worries this deep and that felt this real. Thankfully, the Lord came through, as He does, with an incredible opportunity for me for this summer. While I was running away from camp, the Lord directed me right to The City Project. This project is an eight week discipleship intensive where I will learn the ins and outs of evangelism and some theology, I will get to spend a week in New York City ministering to international residents, five weeks in Durham, North Carolina, where I will take classes on evangelism and theology as well as serve with Ronald McDonald House of Durham, and Finally spend two weeks in Southeast Asia serving internationally. I am really excited about this, but still a little apprehensive about jumping into another summer where I don't know anyone. But I am trusting that this summer will be better. Additionally, I have been convicted recently about how difficult it is for me to open up to the people in my life, I have found that when I can type something out and really think about what it is that I want to say, it is a lot easier, and often even therapeutic. So this summer I am going to use this blog to write out the things that it is hard for me to say, so that hopefully, it will become a little easier for me to say them.
Thank you for listening,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment