Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Music III


Another song that has been replaying in my mind this semester is call A New Heart by a band called a treehouse wait (sic).

"Right by your disorientation, stands your Creator, 
He says, "I know who you are, and I'll show you the way"
And in the midst of your heartache, stands you Savior
"I am the Potter," He says, "and you are the clay"
So, let me shape you, form and create in you
A new heart
Please, let me shape you, form and create in you
A new heart
She's been anxious forever, 
She's been crying for days,
She's been waiting for You to take it away,
And You tell her You love her,
But the questions won't go,
And at midnight You whisper,
I will make you whole
...
Watch me making all things new, 
Beautiful and just for you.
I give you a heart that's just like mine
That breaks for people all the time."

I really like the second verse. I get anxious about everything, and when I'm anxious I cry. Sometimes I don't even know why I'm anxious. It just happens, and I love the line "at midnight You whisper 'I will make you whole'" because that's always how it feels when I find peace from the Lord, it's a whisper when I'm at my lowest. I also really love "and You tell her You love her, but the questions won't go" because even in the constant reminders of the Lord telling me that He loves me and is going to do what's best for me I am still bombarded with questions that I can't answer. But it really finally gets me when she says "watch me making all things new, beautiful and just for you." It reminds me of the song Beautiful Things by Gungor, heck, it reminds me of the whole gospel, the Lord taking broken things and turning them into something beautiful, and then giving us the want to bring other broken people to Him so that He can make them beautiful too. "I give you a heart that's just like mine, that breaks for people all the time."

Another song by A treehouse wait (sic) that I really love is the song Someone is Dancing

"Someone is dancing,
Lord is it you?
Someone is singing
A song I once knew
It speaks of a promise
Whatever may come
I'm in the arms of my Lord. 

There I stop turning, 
Staring at me
And my wounds are hurting 
For what I have been
In whose arms will I be kept 
When I've burnt every bridge
In none but the arms of my lord

Nothing is certain, 
Colors will fade
Summer goes autumn 
And autumn turns gray
Play then your violins 
That tell me of spring
When I am at home with you lord."

I'm not really sure that I can explain why I love this song. It just really speaks to my heart. The song is slow and quiet, it is sweet and comforting. It sounds like what it feels like to be in the arms of the Lord. 

Lastly is a song called You of All Friends

"To you of all friends
I look back and think 'bout
how our roads have changed
And how our lives turned out
So different
From what we had planned out or thought
While I saw the sky in million colors
It all caught my eyes
and you took the blame and believed all the lies
That people had told you must be the truth

So I took your heart and held it
oh I took your heart and held it close
I held it close

Your heart turned to stone
When nothing But actions without love was shown
Wherever you went there were people who spoke
Of one thing then did the complete opposite
You needed to know why God had ran off and just left you alone
But there was no room to ask questions that dumb
So you went away to be strong by yourself

So I took your heart and held it
oh I took your heart and held it close
I held it close

How low can you go?
How weak can one be
Without crashing completely?

Why should i play the songs in major?
I can Never be your saviour
I can never give you any life
But like oranges and how you peel them
He can take your wounds and heal them
He can take your broken pieces
Make it to a heart that breathes
In and out and out and in"

I like this song because I relate to both the girl singing and the friend that she sings about, at different times in my life, heck, at different times today, sometimes even at the same time, I am both of these people. 
I see the sky in a million colors and I follow what others have told em must be the truth.
I've needed to know why God had just left me alone, and at the same time, I've known how incorrect that question is. 
I love the line "He can take your words and heal them, He can take your broken pieces, make it to a heart that breathes", I like it especially when I don't just feel like I have broken pieces, I feel like I am broken pieces. But the Lord is consistent in taking broken me and putting me back together into a heart that looks more like His. 

This all brings me to one idea, the Lord sometimes works in me by taking my heart and letting it break in to pieces so that He can form in me a new heart that looks much more like Him and that continues to break, but starts breaking for better reasons. Rather than breaking for the hurt that I inadvertently cause myself, it begins to break instead for the lack of love and the broken hearts of other people. I break for people all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment